Superintendent Attwood 1910-1922
 
Superintendent Henry Attwood came to Somerton in 1910 with his family of four boys and a girl. They lived in the police house next to the Magistrates Court, and the photograph shows Superintendent Attwood in the yard of the Magistrates Court with his pony and trap and one of the younger sons holding the reins.
The oldest son, Charles, had emigrated to Canada as a printer before 1913. He volunteered for the War as soon as hostilities were declare din August 1914 and wa skille din action in 1915.
Superintendent Attwood retired in 1920 and lived at Walnut House in Long Sutton.
His daughter Edith married John Coomer who had a shop and a cardboard box factory in West Street/Langport Road.