Minutes - 2 October 2008
SOMERTON HISTORY SOCIETY
Minutes of the first Committee meeting of the Somerton History Society held on Thursday 2nd October 2008 at 32 Highfield Way, Somerton.
PRESENT : Nancy Langmaid, Terry Foster, Margaret Lawrence, Margaret Foster, Reg Schooling, Mandy Marlor and Sally Nutt.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE : Pat Turner.
- At the inaugural meeting of the Society held on Thursday 25th September Nancy was asked if she would be Chairman, she agreed and chaired this meeting.
- The Draft Constitution was agreed with minor amendments:-
- Meetings will be held on the 4th Thursday of each month excepting August and December, the next meeting to be on the 23rd October.
- The annual elections for the committee will take place in March each year to allow time for insertion of a notice in Somerton News. The first election will take place in March 2010 to give the present committee and the Society time to settle in.
- APPOINTMENT OF OFFICERS : Margaret Foster and Margaret Lawrence agreed to share the post of Secretary and Reg Schooling offered to be the Treasurer. Reg will see to the opening of the Society Bank Account and it was agreed that the signatories on the cheques would be Reg Schooling, Treasurer, Nancy Langmaid, Chairman and Sally Nutt, Committee Member.
- SPEAKERS : Terry Foster offered to ask Graham Deane if he would be able to give a talk at short notice on either Mills or Old Maps at our next meeting on 23 October. Mandy Marlor and Sally Nutt offered to ask some of their contacts if they could talk at other meetings during the year.
- WEB SITE : Nancy will see if we can use the Somerton Museum Web Site for notices for the time being and also get notices inserted in the Community Web Site.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS : None.
- The next Committee meeting will be held on 30th October 2008 at 32 Highfield Way.
We thanked Nancy for hosting the meeting which ended at 8.40 p.m.