Methodist

The Methodist church in West Street was built in 1844. It has a Sunday School behind the church and a modern meeting room.

The earliest Methodist church seems to have been in an outbuilding in Cox's Yard. Then a property on West Street was acquired, a house was demolished in 1844, and the new church was built.

.

The picture is from an old print, included in Tuttiett's souvenir book for the town published in about 1920.